RESEARCH SHIP “LUDWIG PRANDTL”

The ship, named after the German Fluid Mechanics Engineer “Ludwig Prandtl” (1875-1953), first entered service in 1983. It is a shallow draft research vessel operating in the North Sea, Baltic Sea and the tidal areas of the big north German rivers.

The refurbishment in the SET shipyard in Tangermünde on the Elbe started in October 2001. It was carried out according to their regulations and supervised by Germanischer Lloyd and the See-Berufsgenossenschaft.

Technical details before the conversion:

  • Length OA: 23m
  • Beam: 6.35m
  • Depth at sides: 2m / 3.1m

Technical details after the conversion:

  • Length OA: 32.5m
  • Beam: 7.5m
  • Depth at sides: 2m / 3.1m
  • Drive: 2 x 375kW